The Elements Diocesan Learning Trust Board is, ultimately, the Trust’s accountable body. However, the Trust remains committed to the principle of local governance by local people; recognising and valuing the effort taken by members of the Local School Boards (LSBs) who support our academies in three key areas;
Guardian of the Vision and Values: Our Elements Local School Boards have an important role to play in upholding the Christian distinctiveness of their academy by ensuring our Christian vision and values underpins all aspects of academy life. In this way, we can be assured that our pupils grow and learn in schools where their individual qualities are nurtured to instil fulfilment, self-worth, the skills to contribute to society and confidence in the future.
Supporting the drive for school improvement: Our Elements Diocesan Learning Trust Local School Boards play a crucial role in enabling our academies to deliver on their moral purpose; delivering the very best in educational provision for their pupils. By creating safe and stimulating environments, full of engaging learning opportunities, our academy teams will empower all pupils to develop a love of learning and achieve of their best.
This support from our Local School boards makes all the difference to our academy leaders and greatly contributes to ensuring that all Elements Diocesan Learning Trust pupils attend a successful academy which is providing a good education whilst supporting their holistic well-being.
It is our aim to develop strong, accountable Local School Boards made up of highly skilled, well-informed, well-trained, competent members who ensure statutory duties are met, set a standard of excellence and are focussed on improving teaching and learning. As such, our support for governance includes:
- Support and advice for Local School Boards (LSBs)
- Training and continued support of the LSB
- CPD/training opportunities for LSB members
- NGA membership
- Processing LSB appointments
- Regular Chair of LSB meetings with CEO
- Provision of the Scheme of Delegated Authority
- Recruiting developing and training for effective governance
- Telephone support and advice
- Maintenance of governor database
- Support with skills audits
- Attendance at Local School Board (LSB) meetings as required, and at least once a year